Thursday, March 4, 2010

What is this blog?

If you have stumbled upon this blog, chances are you have some sort of curiousity about Korea and what it's like to be a foreigner here. Let me start of by introducing myself. My name is Corey and I live in Korea. In particular, I live in Seoul (the capital). I am 23 years old and currently serving my time in the US Air Force. From this date, I have another year and eight months left in Korea. Why am I blogging about my time here? Mainly because I knew nothing and could find hardly anything about being a foreigner here in Korea. Most of the info I found was written by teachers who are here for only a year or two and couldn't provide much info. I want to share my experiences and challenges here and hopefully someone can get some use out of it.

A little more about me. I love culture, history, and languages. For all three of these things, Korea satisfies me immensly. Over 5,000 years worth of history, a truly unique culture, and an intelligently designed language...what more could a culture nut ask for? I am currently dating a Korean girl by the name of Yumi who will be helping me write some of these posts. In particular, she will help with basic Korean lessons and my food blogs.

Alright, enough introduction. Posts will come soon and as often as I can remember. See you on the battlefield!

No comments:

Post a Comment