Monday, September 13, 2010

Blog 1: Who am I?

So, since I started this blog, I haven't really updated much with information outside of what you see in the videos. I want that to change. I feel like I have time to update more often and I feel that what I am going through may, in some ways, help others who come to Korea for work or pleasure. So, here's the first official entry into my written blog.


Who am I?

Basic question, right? Who am I? Why am I writing this?




Basic answers. My name is Corey and I'm 23 years old. I live in Seoul, Korea by way of Toledo, Ohio in the USA. I have worked in the field of telecommunications in the United States Air Force for 6+ years now and hold an AS in electronic systems. I am working towards my BA in Information Systems, but I haven't had much time for classes lately. I will be leaving the military in November 2011 for greener pastures (AKA college and a future). I was single when I came to Korea in November 2009, but have since become serious with my fiancé and decided to marry. I am currently learning Korean in my spare time, but have run into trouble staying focused with it.


I am writing this blog for a few reasons. First off, I am trying to kill boredom. This is key where I come from. I don't really have any hobbies other than playing video games, so this helps kill time. Secondly, the information I have may be beneficial to someone else. I have found it hard to dig up information about living in Korea and going through the military hoops that come with this territory. Thirdly, it gives my friends and family something to read to check up on how I am doing. I am terrible at communicating with people, so hopefully this will help bridge that gap.

Beyond that, this is me on paper as far as I'm concerned. These posts will be uncensored and probably poorly worded, but that's who I am. Feel free to drop me a line, leave a comment, and check out the links. Thanks for reading!


1 comment: